Friday 22 January 2010

Author in Residence


I've just got back from my first day at Bath Spa University as Author in Residence.

I'm feeling a little guilty because although this is a paid position, I think I may have got just as much out of it as the students who I'm mentoring. (Mentoring: a friend of mine defined it like this: are they "meantta" do what you say??) Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of the program...

The picture is of the building wherein my tutorials took place - known as The Castle, an opportunity which could hardly be passed up by a writer of the occasional gothic novel!

1 comment:

dex and bebe said...

wow, is Edgar on the Castles' rotunda? How exciting to be mentoring, those students dont know how lucky they are to have the black lord teach them "gothics".
Good luck with the next one! X